Updated Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mont4620

New

Updated Transcripts

Postby mont4620 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:38 pm

If I send an updated transcript to LSAC, do they automatically pass that on to every school I've applied to, or do I need to do something else to request it?

inlovewithpiper

Bronze

Re: Updated Transcripts

Postby inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:41 pm

mont4620 wrote:If I send an updated transcript to LSAC, do they automatically pass that on to every school I've applied to, or do I need to do something else to request it?

I believe the conventional advice is that schools will receive an updated file automatically from LSAC, but that a simple email to the admissions offices at the schools to which you have already applied in order to let them know of the update is a nice professional courtesy.

mont4620

New

Postby mont4620 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:24 pm

inlovewithpiper wrote:
mont4620 wrote:If I send an updated transcript to LSAC, do they automatically pass that on to every school I've applied to, or do I need to do something else to request it?

I believe the conventional advice is that schools will receive an updated file automatically from LSAC, but that a simple email to the admissions offices at the schools to which you have already applied in order to let them know of the update is a nice professional courtesy.

Thanks! My new grades are good, so I like the idea of sending the courtesy email now while the transcript is being processed. Are you sure that admissions officers won't find the extra email annoying? Or is that a pretty typical thing to do?

inlovewithpiper

Bronze

Postby inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 pm

mont4620 wrote:
inlovewithpiper wrote:

Thanks! My new grades are good, so I like the idea of sending the courtesy email now while the transcript is being processed. Are you sure that admissions officers won't find the extra email annoying? Or is that a pretty typical thing to do?

I've read posts from people who have sent an email to adcoms about a missing comma in the personal statement.

I'd say the extra email in your case is more than appropriate.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�