Fee Waiver?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Force J.D.'s
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 am

Fee Waiver?

Postby Force J.D.'s » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:24 pm

.
Last edited by Force J.D.'s on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
d cooper
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby d cooper » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Doesn't mean anything except you now don't have to pay the fee waiver. You should apply.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby Nova » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Force J.D.'s wrote:What does this mean??? :shock: :?

They want you to apply so they can deny you so they look more selectivity

What do I do next??

Apply

leroyjenkins6969
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby leroyjenkins6969 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Nova wrote:
Force J.D.'s wrote:What does this mean??? :shock: :?

They want you to apply so they can deny you so they look more selectivity

What do I do next??

Apply



Are you a member of an under-represented minority group? If so, the school may have genuine interest in your application, and the denial to boost selectivity prospect may not be relevant.

Either way, you should apply.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby Nova » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:08 pm

leroyjenkins6969 wrote:Are you a member of an under-represented minority group? If so, the school may have genuine interest in your application, and the denial to boost selectivity prospect may not be relevant.

True.

User avatar
Force J.D.'s
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby Force J.D.'s » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:21 pm

.
Last edited by Force J.D.'s on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
samcro_op
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby samcro_op » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:03 am

Force J.D.'s wrote:
Nova wrote:
Force J.D.'s wrote:What does this mean??? :shock: :?

They want you to apply so they can deny you so they look more selectivity

What do I do next??

Apply


Nova, just keeping it 100, as usual.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will be taking it seriously and paying extra attention to the app to this particular school. I figure why not.
...while you are all here, mind me asking, have I missed the "submit the applications before the holidays" deadline? Also, if it is personally or professionally cordial to submit apps during these "holiday days" between now and new years? Thanks all.


I think with how cycles have been crazy in the last few years applying now isn't so bad. Also apply ASAP do not wait for the holidays to be over, they likely will not know when you submitted nor will they deny you because you didn't celebrate Christmas enough. Most students send them in over Xmas, that is why TLS suggest jumping the gun and doing it before.

Also I would take a look at the fee waiver threads and that schools current cycle thread to see how common the waivers are for. In all honestly they are likely just going to deny you but you never know. However unless it is a dream school I'd save the 20$ or whatever it is these days. If you do want to throw some hail mary's might be better to do it for 20$ rather than 100$.

User avatar
Force J.D.'s
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby Force J.D.'s » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:19 pm

.
Last edited by Force J.D.'s on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ltrego
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:41 am

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby ltrego » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Force J.D.'s wrote:
samcro_op wrote:
Also apply ASAP do not wait for the holidays to be over

In all honestly they are likely just going to deny you but you never know.


Thanks.

I went to click submit today for all applications...BUT, LSAC has been down for me all day. Can someone verify if this is universal? I have checked this forum for up-to-date confirmation, but am getting nothing. Hope I am not a rotten apple here.


I'll confirm. All down, including status checkers.

User avatar
Force J.D.'s
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby Force J.D.'s » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:49 am

So, though I may be a pawn in the YP game
Last edited by Force J.D.'s on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Force J.D.'s wrote:So, though I may be a pawn in the YP game, I do plan to write out the 3 optional essays for this schools application.

Also, as a matter of strategy, should I, a URM looking for $, apply ED-R2? If so, decisions sent within a month. ...+can I only ED to 1 school per cycle? I want to avoid the ED route, but want to move on from the app mayhem, especially after being on the later side of sending in apps. So a faster response would help with this.

If I do RD instead..am I looking at a 2-3 month response time?


Why would you apply ED if you're looking for money?

User avatar
Force J.D.'s
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 am

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby Force J.D.'s » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:30 pm

.
Last edited by Force J.D.'s on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Fee Waiver?

Postby midwest17 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Force J.D.'s wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
Force J.D.'s wrote:So, though I may be a pawn in the YP game, I do plan to write out the 3 optional essays for this schools application.

Also, as a matter of strategy, should I, a URM looking for $, apply ED-R2? If so, decisions sent within a month. ...+can I only ED to 1 school per cycle? I want to avoid the ED route, but want to move on from the app mayhem, especially after being on the later side of sending in apps. So a faster response would help with this.

If I do RD instead..am I looking at a 2-3 month response time?


Why would you apply ED if you're looking for money?


To increase any chance of securing a seat, and possibly expedite the response time.


Faster turn-around is a bad reason to ED.

Increasing chances of acceptance is more reasonable, but you're locking yourself into the school and giving up basically any shot at non-trivial money.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], spqr351 and 9 guests