Updating Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
midwest17

Updating Transcripts

Postby midwest17 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 pm

When sending an updated transcript to LSAC, do I reuse the same transcript request form that I used for the initial transcript, or is there a way to get one specifically for updates?

ltrego

Re: Updating Transcripts

Postby ltrego » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 pm

midwest17 wrote:When sending an updated transcript to LSAC, do I reuse the same transcript request form that I used for the initial transcript, or is there a way to get one specifically for updates?

You can print a new one from your LSAC account. There's a place to check "updated."

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 pm

ltrego wrote:
midwest17 wrote:When sending an updated transcript to LSAC, do I reuse the same transcript request form that I used for the initial transcript, or is there a way to get one specifically for updates?

You can print a new one from your LSAC account. There's a place to check "updated."

And somehow I missed the big checkbox. :oops:

Thanks!

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:33 pm

midwest17 wrote:
ltrego wrote:

And somehow I missed the big checkbox. :oops:

Thanks!

I was doing this today and almost did the same thing, wouldn't feel too bad.

thywizardofwit

Postby thywizardofwit » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:38 pm

I assume if my gpa went up this quarter/semester, it's worth sending an updated transcript? Or, are you only supposed to send one when you graduate and it is complete? Also, Does LSAC automatically send this new transcript to all the schools that I've already sent reports to?

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 pm

thywizardofwit wrote:I assume if my gpa went up this quarter/semester, it's worth sending an updated transcript? Or, are you only supposed to send one when you graduate and it is complete? Also, Does LSAC automatically send this new transcript to all the schools that I've already sent reports to?

Aren't you supposed to update when you have new grades, no matter what?

drevo

Postby drevo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:03 pm

ltrego wrote:
thywizardofwit wrote:I assume if my gpa went up this quarter/semester, it's worth sending an updated transcript? Or, are you only supposed to send one when you graduate and it is complete? Also, Does LSAC automatically send this new transcript to all the schools that I've already sent reports to?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is required to update transcripts when they change for any reason. And if you are GPA is going up I can't fathom a reason why you wouldn't want them updated ASAP.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:19 am

ltrego wrote:

You are supposed to update them whenever you get new grades. bpshinners, and I think others, have said that no one really enforces that rule, though.

Yes, LSAC will send out new reports once they've processed the new transcript.

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 am

At risk of derailing this thread, I have a question: I just got fall grades, but am wondering if it would be acceptable to wait until J-term grades come out in roughly a month to send my transcript update. Thoughts?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 am

ltrego wrote:At risk of derailing this thread, I have a question: I just got fall grades, but am wondering if it would be acceptable to wait until J-term grades come out in roughly a month to send my transcript update. Thoughts?

I would say yes. Did your grades go down? Do you have to pay to send transcripts?

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:21 am

midwest17 wrote:
ltrego wrote:At risk of derailing this thread, I have a question: I just got fall grades, but am wondering if it would be acceptable to wait until J-term grades come out in roughly a month to send my transcript update. Thoughts?

I would say yes. Did your grades go down? Do you have to pay to send transcripts?

And yes, I have to pay. Also, the difference would literally be roughly 2 weeks, since my school is on break and won't be processing transcripts until the first week of the three-week J-term anyway.
Last edited by ltrego on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:23 am

ltrego wrote:
midwest17 wrote:

And yes, I have to pay. Also, the difference would literally be roughly 2 weeks, since my school is on break and won't be processing transcripts until the first week of the three-week J-term anyway.

Then yeah, I'd definitely wait.

Having to pay to send transcripts must suck. IMO every school should do transcripts for free: it's the basic, fundamental service they provide, other than teaching.
Last edited by midwest17 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:25 am

midwest17 wrote:
ltrego wrote:
midwest17 wrote:

Then yeah, I'd definitely wait.

Having to pay to send transcripts must suck. IMO every school should do transcripts for free: it's the basic, fundamental service they provide, other than teaching.

Completely agree. I've taken classes at two other schools. The school I currently attend charges $5 for transcripts. Another does free transcripts. The third? $15/transcript. It's ridiculous.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”