Is there a polite way to ask schools if you got a scholly? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tlsthrowaway

New

Is there a polite way to ask schools if you got a scholly?

Post by tlsthrowaway » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:01 am

I got into a couple of schools this week that are usually pretty generous with scholarships. I als applied ED to a school that is supposed to let me know by the 31st.

I applied to all schools months ago, and things have changed slightly since then. I'd consider some of the schools I got into over the ED, depending on the scholarship. Wouldn't go at sticker, and probably won't have to pay sticker, but probably won't get a full ride either. So here's the deal. People with my stats have been getting scholarships, some of them in a range where I wouldn't go, and some of them in a range where I would go. So far, everyone (I'm just judging from the admit/deny forums here on TLS) has gotten scholarship info in their admissions packet, like a few days to a week after admission. I expect a scholarship, but I'd really like to know the amount for these schools because this will determine whether I keep my ED or ask to switch to RD or maybe withdraw. And, I'm going out of town tomorrow until mid-january. So I won't be home to get the mail and thus won't get my admission packet with scholarship info until after my ED decision comes in.

Is there some polite way to call a school and ask what, if any, scholarship I got? It appears that all the schools in question probably have already decided on an offer, as it's probably in the mail right now. Don't want to be the guy who's all like, "hey, thanks for admitting me. How much money did I get?" But I also would like the information before I get locked into another school.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? If I call them and just say, I was just admitted and I'd like any information about the school, is there any chance they'll bring it up?

Thank you!

Clearly

Gold

Re: Is there a polite way to ask schools if you got a scholly?

Post by Clearly » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:52 am

Which schools have made scholly offers exactly? It seems very very early for any schools to be even considering that

tlsthrowaway

New

Post by tlsthrowaway » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 am

PMed you

tlsthrowaway

New

Post by tlsthrowaway » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:46 am

After PMing with clearly, we found that I probably should have mentioned that the schools I was mentioning that have released scholarship info are NOT in the t-14.

Hope nobody got too excited!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”