Is applying twice looked down upon?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
boosane

Is applying twice looked down upon?

Postby boosane » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 am

I've noticed applications asking if we had ever applied and gotten rejected from the school. If I apply this year and get rejected, and apply next cycle, would it be looked down upon? I keep imagining an ad-com looking through my app and saying "oh it's this loser again". I'm waiting for my LSAT score and if I do get a score that is below a school's median, would it best to get an actual competitive LSAT score to apply with, or does it not matter if I apply and get rejected for the hell of it?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Nova

Re: Is applying twice looked down upon?

Postby Nova » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 am

boosane wrote:If I apply this year and get rejected, and apply next cycle, would it be looked down upon?

no

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:33 am

boosane wrote:I've noticed applications asking if we had ever applied and gotten rejected from the school. If I apply this year and get rejected, and apply next cycle, would it be looked down upon? I keep imagining an ad-com looking through my app and saying "oh it's this loser again". I'm waiting for my LSAT score and if I do get a score that is below a school's median, would it best to get an actual competitive LSAT score to apply with, or does it not matter if I apply and get rejected for the hell of it?

Thanks a lot everyone!

No, they wouldn't care.

however, don't waste your money, even if you get in it would be with less money than you could get with higher lsat.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm a reapplicant, and no it's not looked down upon. I got into 4 schools already this cycle where I was WLed lat year, and one school where I was rejected.
I think you should wait until you get your score back, and then only apply if you're really happy with it. Applications are expensive and waiting and applying late in a cycle with very few applicants isn't going to hurt you if your LSAT score is good enough.

Graham42

Postby Graham42 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Last edited by Graham42 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Graham42 wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:I'm a reapplicant, and no it's not looked down upon. I got into 4 schools already this cycle where I was WLed lat year, and one school where I was rejected.
I think you should wait until you get your score back, and then only apply if you're really happy with it. Applications are expensive and waiting and applying late in a cycle with very few applicants isn't going to hurt you if your LSAT score is good enough.

+1

I'm also a reapplicant. I've been accepted to two schools at which I was previously waitlisted. Contrarily, I believe reapplying is looked upon favorably. It shows persistence and determination.

Make sure you have a better score, reapply.

+1

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”