So I have 4 LOR's: 3 from Professors and 1 from my Intercollegiate Athletic Coach. I'm planning on sending 3, and was curious which ones would be the most effective in my application.
(1) Had this professor 3 times. The first course I received a C-, second time a B+, third time retaking the first course I got an A. (Figured would look good how my grades got better in his courses).
(2) This professor was pretty much the only instructor for pre-Comm students, and thus essentially in charge of which kids got admitted to the Communication major and which ones didn't. Although the Communication major is not seen as a prestigious thing to major in, it is highly competitive at my school, and most kids don't get admitted into the major. This professor makes note in my LOR about how it is a "difficult" major to get into.
(3) This professor taught my first course focused within the legal discipline. Got a B in the class, but I figured the relevancy would be worth noting.
Intercollegiate Athletic Coach
(1) This is one is very personal, merits my devotion and discipline in competitive athletics. However, it does not say much about me as an academic student.
For the schools that only want 2 LOR's max which ones do you think would be best used?
I don't plan on sending 4 LOR's, I'm thinking it would just be too much. In this regards, would it be better to send only the 3 academic LOR's or 2 Academic LOR's and the 3rd from my Coach.
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 am
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm
Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 3091
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm
bee wrote:(1) This is one is very personal, merits my devotion and discipline in competitive athletics. However, it does not say much about me as an academic student.
i personally wouldn't use this one unless i had no choice, and if i did i would only use it as a supplement to 2 academic lors.
Agreed with everything but this. I would definitely use it as a third letter for schools that accept 3. Absolutely send in 2 academic letters first, however, and it sounds like you still need another one.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests