Questions about February LSAT after submitting applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bisanch

Questions about February LSAT after submitting applications

Postby bisanch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to submit all my applications in the next few days, but I also plan to take the February LSAT. If I get a higher score than the score I submitted my applications with, should I report the score or wait until the next cycle to apply? If I do report the score in this cycle, will it be relevant to my admissions chances?

bp shinners

Re: Questions about February LSAT after submitting applications

Postby bp shinners » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm

bisanch wrote:Hi,

I'm planning to submit all my applications in the next few days, but I also plan to take the February LSAT. If I get a higher score than the score I submitted my applications with, should I report the score or wait until the next cycle to apply? If I do report the score in this cycle, will it be relevant to my admissions chances?

If waiting a year is an option, and you do score better, I always recommend some time off (assuming you haven't already taken a gap year or two).

Mechanically, though, when you register for the LSAT, schools know it. They won't consider your application complete until they have that score, unless you specifically tell them to consider you with the earlier score.

A higher LSAT score is always relevant to admissions chances, assuming you haven't already been rejected from a school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”