Currently charged with driving with a suspended license

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
theramblingfool

Currently charged with driving with a suspended license

Postby theramblingfool » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:52 pm

I am in the process of dealing with charges for driving with a suspended license. It wasn't a serious situation (like a DUI or anything). I mistakenly failed to show the courts proof of insurance (which I had).

I'm wondering if this is something that needs to be mentioned on my applications, as it is an actual crime. Also, how heavily will this weigh against me if I do need to report it?

Pneumonia

Re: Currently charged with driving with a suspended license

Postby Pneumonia » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Yes mention it, no it won't matter.

hirshthg

Re: Currently charged with driving with a suspended license

Postby hirshthg » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:19 pm

theramblingfool wrote:I am in the process of dealing with charges for driving with a suspended license. It wasn't a serious situation (like a DUI or anything). I mistakenly failed to show the courts proof of insurance (which I had).

I'm wondering if this is something that needs to be mentioned on my applications, as it is an actual crime. Also, how heavily will this weigh against me if I do need to report it?

If it is only a auo 3rd then you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it reduced out of the unclassified misdemeanor. If you now do have proof of insurance them you should also be able to reopen the conviction which caused your suspension for a year and get your $1250 (or so) back. If you need any other information SPAMMITY SPAM SPAM SPAM or call another traffic ticket attorney.

Good luck!
(not legal advice).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”