Updated transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
t14splitter

Bronze

Updated transcript

Post by t14splitter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Do schools expect for applicants to send their updated transcripts after the fall grades come out? I know some people have received requests for fall grades from certain schools but I haven't.

My GPA isn't going down or anything, it's just a nuisance to fax a request to my school.

chizzy

Silver

Re: Updated transcript

Post by chizzy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Bump.

I will like to know this as well.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:30 pm

My understanding is that you're supposed to send an updated transcript as soon as you can, but most schools probably won't care if you don't. Of course, it a school does want it, then waiting until they contact you asking for it is going to slow things down...

illyria

New

Post by illyria » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Do you just have it sent to LSAC? Are schools notified immediately when a new transcript is updated?

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

illyria wrote:Do you just have it sent to LSAC? Are schools notified immediately when a new transcript is updated?
Yes

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

usernotfound

Bronze

Post by usernotfound » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I feel you. I agree that it's a pain in the ass to fax them all the info and deal with that bureaucracy.

I'll probably only do so if my GPA goes up, which would be very little if at all seeing as how I would have to get all A's to even go up a tenth of a percent.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm

midwest17 wrote:My understanding is that you're supposed to send an updated transcript as soon as you can, but most schools probably won't care if you don't. Of course, it a school does want it, then waiting until they contact you asking for it is going to slow things down...
Exactly right. You agree to send new information in ASAP when you e-sign the applications/LSAC agreement.

However, it's not enforced at all, and no one really cares if you don't do it.

mickey_mouse

Bronze

Post by mickey_mouse » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Related- If someone is close to getting all As for fall semester (which raises overall GPA by a couple tenths)- is it worth emailing admissions offices to tell them that an updated transcript is coming and to hold off on a decision as you want this to be considered?

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:11 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:Related- If someone is close to getting all As for fall semester (which raises overall GPA by a couple tenths)- is it worth emailing admissions offices to tell them that an updated transcript is coming and to hold off on a decision as you want this to be considered?
If you're going up by a couple *tenths*, then yes, definitely. 3.1 to 3.3, say, is a significant bump. But one semester is probably only raising your GPA by a couple hundredths, in which case probably not (unless it's taking you from below median to above median.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”