Charged with vandalism when I was 13...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RhymesLikeDimes

Charged with vandalism when I was 13...

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Do I need to disclose the details of the case? And is it okay if I just address it with two or three sentences, and don't get all ''I haven't been able to sleep since/I cry every night over what I did"?

I haven't had any trouble with the law since (not even a parking ticket). It was something stupid that middle school kids will do, and that didn't hurt anyone.

TheSpanishMain

Re: Charged with vandalism when I was 13...

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:08 pm

The fact that you haven't been in trouble since makes it obvious, in my mind, that it was just stupid middle school nonsense. I don't think you need to wail and fall on your sword

bp shinners

Re: Charged with vandalism when I was 13...

Postby bp shinners » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:34 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:Do I need to disclose the details of the case? And is it okay if I just address it with two or three sentences, and don't get all ''I haven't been able to sleep since/I cry every night over what I did"?

I haven't had any trouble with the law since (not even a parking ticket). It was something stupid that middle school kids will do, and that didn't hurt anyone.

You should disclose it, depending on the language of the application. That said, this sounds like something that would fall under most questions.

Skip the maudlin - just state the facts. You've got almost a decade from it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”