LSAT Addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sims1

Bronze

LSAT Addendum?

Post by sims1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:43 am

So I've read here a few times that you don't want adcomms guessing when it comes to LSAT jumps. I went from a 167->175 but it wasn't really because of a family emergency the morning of or anything. Yes I studied more for my rewrite, but I don't think it explains a lot of the jump.

THE thing is, I reallly had to pee during reading comp on my first write. This caused me to lose focus, run out of time and miss every question on the last reading comp passage. I pee when I'm nervous.. :3 (thankfully I finished games on my rewrite in 25 minutes so I had time to go to the washroom).

Also the testing centre on my rewrite was a lot better, larger desks that didn't cram my answer sheet onto my exam etc..

I feel any addendum I write about would be ridiculous, wondering if I should just take my chances with them taking the higher score.

tigersaresexy

Bronze

Re: LSAT Addendum?

Post by tigersaresexy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 am

Common wisdom on here seem to be that multiple cancelations, a 10 point jump or more and a steep drop is worth an addendum.

You retook the LSAT, you did better. That's the point of retaking. I wouldn't write an addendum anyway...definitely not about peeing.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:09 am

^Disagree. Jumped 12 points myself, didn't write addendum. The scores speak for themselves. The worst thing they can assume is you just plain got better, and that's what happened.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:24 am

I feel any addendum I write about would be ridiculous
good sign not to write one

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”