Time to Forego Law School? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chidasuuu

New

Time to Forego Law School?

Post by Chidasuuu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 pm

I am currently a Junior heading into my Senior year, my GPA took a hit this semester and realistically I'm looking at a 3.5 GPA by the time I graduate. My current LSAT score is a 172.

I am only interested in T14 schools, with a 3.5 GPA is it time to forego my law school career?

Extra info:
I am majoring in Finance at a top 5 undergrad business program.
I am not a URM, I actually might be over represented

HYSenberg

Bronze

Re: Time to Forego Law School?

Post by HYSenberg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Lol schools are not that picky. I'd bet you get into the T6 and probably get $$$ lower in the T14.

Chidasuuu

New

Post by Chidasuuu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:39 pm

HYSenberg wrote:Lol schools are not that picky. I'd bet you get into the T6 and probably get $$$ lower in the T14.
Looking at Law School Numbers is freaking me out....

HYSenberg

Bronze

Post by HYSenberg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm

HYSenberg wrote:Lol schools are not that picky. I'd bet you get into the T6 and probably get $$$ lower in the T14.
Yeah assuming that 172 is from a real administration and not a practice test or estimation (I only wonder this because taking the LSAT October of your junior year or earlier is a tad unusual), you should be in good shape. Out at HYS but likely in everywhere else, with a reasonable price tag for UVA and down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chidasuuu

New

Post by Chidasuuu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm

wow.....my hopes are alive for law schools ranked 6-14. No more HYSC for me....

Chidasuuu

New

Post by Chidasuuu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Fiero85 wrote:
Yeah assuming that 172 is from a real administration and not a practice test or estimation (I only wonder this because taking the LSAT October of your junior year or earlier is a tad unusual), you should be in good shape. Out at HYS but likely in everywhere else, with a reasonable price tag for UVA and down.
It's a real administration, my practice tests were around 175-177. I'm took it early just so I can get a feel of what it's like, planning on taking it again to improve to around 175+

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Chidasuuu wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:
It's a real administration, my practice tests were around 175-177. I'm took it early just so I can get a feel of what it's like, planning on taking it again to improve to around 175+
Congrats! That's awesome. I was just checking because many people on here confuse a 172 PT or PT average with 172 in hand. Nice job planning ahead and good luck on the retake. I think if you want Columbia a 174/175 could be big for ya.

Chidasuuu

New

Post by Chidasuuu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks for the morale boost guys, I was starting to think I'd have to stoop to being an ibanker.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”