When to apply?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr.Esquire

New

When to apply??

Post by Mr.Esquire » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 am

So I am in the midst of improving my GPA as much as I can. I am currently scheduled to graduate at the end of the next academic year. But I am wondering, will I need to wait until I graduate so that my GPA will reflect the most good grades I can possibly get? Which would mean I wouldn't be able to start law school until the year after the academic year starting after my graduating year. Or could I during the fall of my senior year?

Im pretty sure I will need to wait, but I am just wondering if there is any way I can start law school the fall after I graduate.

I am targeting a low t14. So my GPA is going to need to be brought up as much as possible.

Sorry if this is dumb question, just wanna see if anyone else's thoughts will help clarify things.

midwest17

Gold

Re: When to apply??

Post by midwest17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 am

If you want law schools to consider your senior year grades, you'll have to take a year off between college and law school.

wowhio

Bronze

Re: When to apply??

Post by wowhio » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:29 am

How much of a difference are you senior year grades going to make? Really calculate it out. And don't just calculate it assuming straight-As, if that's not normal for you. Calculate it realistically.

If it will make a big enough difference, you'll have to take a year off to have all of your senior year grades counted. But going up a couple points on the LSAT could probably give you the same benefit. If you don't want to take time off, focus on the LSAT, crush it, and apply broadly. See how it goes, and if you're really unhappy you can always reapply.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”