LSAC Debauchery - LSAT Registration Deception

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
The Dark Kite

LSAC Debauchery - LSAT Registration Deception

Postby The Dark Kite » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:25 pm

First off: that title is so intense for this thread, my b. But look, here's my situation and I could REALLY use any insight you guys might have:

I jumped the gun and registered for the December LSAT when I registered for the October LSAT because I figured it would be good to have the option/have the best place for me already signed up for when there were seats. Following getting my October LSAT back, I decided I'd just go with it for the cycle and unregister for December.

I sent a letter and the partial refund request form to LSAC. While it was processing (which, ultimately, it never did), I sent in my application to schools. As you all know, applications specifically ask if you have future LSATs. I JUST PUT DOWN THE OCTOBER LSAT... but as a "courtesy (which it really isn't)," a lot of schools held me incomplete. Eventually I called LSAC, they processed it, and I went complete everywhere.

BUT THEN... I realized I was incomplete at Fordham and I was like "why?" And they were like "pending LSAT in December" and I sent an email like "NooOOoO" so they changed it. But apparently maybe some schools count you as complete even though they're holding it for the December LSAT so I can't distinguish between who might be considering me incomplete and who isn't.

So basically: if they're waiting for something, they'll mark as "incomplete" right? These schools I'm complete at aren't holding my app open, are they..?

TheSpanishMain

Re: LSAC Debauchery - LSAT Registration Deception

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:19 pm

If you're listed as complete, you're probably fine, but if you're really worried just email the schools and confirm that your app is being evaluated now and reiterate that you're not taking the December LSAT. Seems pretty straightforward.

PalmBay

Postby PalmBay » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:11 pm

If it says complete then it's complete.
If it says incomplete just communicate the clarification.

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:04 am

I figured the same except that UVA, I think.. Or some other school says something to the effect of: "Your application is now marked complete and will be soon be reviewed UNLESS you have a pending LSAT score, in which case your file will not be reviewed until that score is received." Kinda silly if you ask me because it sort of defeats the purpose of its being marked "COMPLETE" in the first place.

And I'd email them all but I really don't wanna be that squeaky hinge douche that keeps harassing them. I JUST sent an email updating my résumé..

sublime

Postby sublime » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:01 am

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:33 pm

sublime wrote:Why would you pay for two LSAT's at once, it isn't like you get a discount for doing that?

ETA: It sounds like you are straight now though.

no buy one get one free? but it's black friday!

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:28 pm

sublime wrote:Why would you pay for two LSAT's at once, it isn't like you get a discount for doing that?

ETA: It sounds like you are straight now though.

No, I know. But originally I was going to take the June LSAT, wasn't ready. And was like "screw it, I'll register for October" and then in like September, I figured I'd just sign up for December just in case I needed it... Don't judge me.

You know what's crap? The "refund" is only $50. Ain't nobody got time for that.

hannahaloha

Postby hannahaloha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:58 am

if the status says "application under review" , it means my app is completed?

The Dark Kite

Postby The Dark Kite » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 am

hannahaloha wrote:if the status says "application under review" , it means my app is completed?

Mmmhmm.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”