Forgot to Add Dec 2013 LSAT..HELP!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
karmaman

Forgot to Add Dec 2013 LSAT..HELP!!

Postby karmaman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Hey guys forgot to mention it in the standardized section of a couple of apps I turned in ( I hadn't planned on retaking it so I didn't have it initially)..Should I send an email right away or if I'm satisfied with having my app move ahead with the score should I just wait on it until scores come out then have them automatically update my file? Basically, is the advantage greater from applying earlier now ( 166 ) or waiting for a potentially higher LSAT that doesn't come out for another month or so. Thanks for the help guys!

midwest17

Re: Forgot to Add Dec 2013 LSAT..HELP!!

Postby midwest17 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 pm

karmaman wrote:Hey guys forgot to mention it in the standardized section of a couple of apps I turned in ( I hadn't planned on retaking it so I didn't have it initially)..Should I send an email right away or if I'm satisfied with having my app move ahead with the score should I just wait on it until scores come out then have them automatically update my file? Basically, is the advantage greater from applying earlier now ( 166 ) or waiting for a potentially higher LSAT that doesn't come out for another month or so. Thanks for the help guys!

What were your goals with the retake?

If you want them to go ahead and review it without the new score, I would send them an email saying "I forgot to mention on my application that I am retaking the LSAT in December. However, I would like my application to be considered with my current score, if possible."

karmaman

Postby karmaman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:35 pm

I was thinking that they look over the rest of my app and then I would probably be right on the border with my score but my GPA isnt thr greatest. Then I would grt my Dec score of over 170 and that would put me over the edge and poof im in. Bad idea, good idea?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 pm

karmaman wrote:I was thinking that they look over the rest of my app and then I would probably be right on the border with my score but my GPA isnt thr greatest. Then I would grt my Dec score of over 170 and that would put me over the edge and poof im in. Bad idea, good idea?

In that case I'd ask them to hold your application for your new score. Otherwise you risk them rejecting you before then. And if you increase your LSAT a few points, that'll outweigh any early application bonus.

hannahaloha

Postby hannahaloha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 am

I also forgot to mention that I am retaking the LSAT in Dec. but I would like for the admissions offices to consider my current score.

my question is,
If my app status says it's "under review," or "has been submitted for review," do i still need to email them??

PalmBay

Postby PalmBay » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Just send a short note to those schools communicating that you are taking the December LSAT. As long as it's short and to the point, there's nothing wrong with communicating this information.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”