UVA Law- Activities and Interests

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KatyMaddux

UVA Law- Activities and Interests

Postby KatyMaddux » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am

There's an optional section on the UVA Law school app where you write about your Activities/Interests, Hobbies, and where you want to practice law if you know.

There's an option to check a box saying "This section does not apply to me." Extra-curricular activities are definitely not my strong suit...I'm relying on my work experience and numbers.

Would it be okay to not fill out this section? Or is that a red flag on my application? I'm confused as to why it's optional.

barrelofmonkeys

Re: UVA Law- Activities and Interests

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:24 pm

KatyMaddux wrote:There's an optional section on the UVA Law school app where you write about your Activities/Interests, Hobbies, and where you want to practice law if you know.

There's an option to check a box saying "This section does not apply to me." Extra-curricular activities are definitely not my strong suit...I'm relying on my work experience and numbers.

Would it be okay to not fill out this section? Or is that a red flag on my application? I'm confused as to why it's optional.

Just my own personal view, nothing I've heard from anyone else, but I kind of imagine they expect you to fill it out.

HYSenberg

Postby HYSenberg » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Lol you don't have any activities/interests/hobbies whatsoever? I recall putting down basic stuff such as running, weightlifting, reading, wtf ever, etc.

KatyMaddux

Postby KatyMaddux » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 pm

I mean, I obviously have hobbies and interests, but nothing that's going to make a difference to the application. I can't imagine that they would care that I'm into weightlifting, or that I like to read. I don't have anything that would actually set me apart. So I'm wondering if it's best to just fill it in with fluff like that? Or ignore it so I don't waste their time and look desperate?

NoDayButToday

Postby NoDayButToday » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”