4 Different Law Schools/Hard time deciding

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DanK14

4 Different Law Schools/Hard time deciding

Postby DanK14 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi there, I'm starting my application process and have no idea where to go. I took my LSAT and scored a 170/180. I understand that this is a good score, and want to go to a law school that corresponds with it. I have my top 4 law schools...Duke,Vanderbilt,Cornell,Michigan. I would absolutely love some feedback from anyone who is currently a student or had been a student at any of these law schools. Thank you

jingosaur

Re: 4 Different Law Schools/Hard time deciding

Postby jingosaur » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 pm

DanK14 wrote:Hi there, I'm starting my application process and have no idea where to go. I took my LSAT and scored a 170/180. I understand that this is a good score, and want to go to a law school that corresponds with it. I have my top 4 law schools...Duke,Vanderbilt,Cornell,Michigan. I would absolutely love some feedback from anyone who is currently a student or had been a student at any of these law schools. Thank you

What is your GPA and what are your career goals? Where do you want to practice after law school?

Ron Mexico

Postby Ron Mexico » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Have you actually been accepted to these 4 schools yet? Wait and see what happens

DanK14

Postby DanK14 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank you for responding.

I currently have a 3.7 GPA. As far as career goals, at this moment I'm leaning towards corporate law. Something in securities.

And no I have not been accepted yet. I have a list of 9 schools total that I am applying to. These are just my top 4 law schools that if I were accepted, would have trouble deciding on which one to attend.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 pm

DanK14 wrote:Thank you for responding.

I currently have a 3.7 GPA. As far as career goals, at this moment I'm leaning towards corporate law. Something in securities.

And no I have not been accepted yet. I have a list of 9 schools total that I am applying to. These are just my top 4 law schools that if I were accepted, would have trouble deciding on which one to attend.

If you want to do corporate law, then Vanderbilt is out unless they give you significantly more money. The top 14 schools (and not #15) have significantly better corporate law placement than every other school. Use mylsn.info and enter your numbers to get a good idea of where you can get in, but you probably have a good chance at Penn and UVA on down.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Cart before the horse, OP

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Nova wrote:Cart before the horse, OP

+1

Dafuq...How can you have a hard time deciding if you haven't gotten in and have not received scholarship offers to compare? Assuming you get in all schools, there's a big difference between Vandy full ride and Michigan at sticker vs. Vandy with 10k vs. Michigan at sticker.

And don't forget you can negotiate offers too.

Get in, compare offers, negotiate, and when you have your final offers from all the schools, revisit the thread.

DanK14

Postby DanK14 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you for the very helpful information.

And I understand I have not been accepted to any of these schools yet. This posts purpose was to obtain information on the chance I am accepted. Thank you everyone

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:00 am

DanK14 wrote:Thank you for the very helpful information.

And I understand I have not been accepted to any of these schools yet. This posts purpose was to obtain information on the chance I am accepted. Thank you everyone

Just update us when you have something like:

Michigan: 10k/yr
Vandy: Full scholly
Duke: Half scholly
Cornell: 20k/yr

...and of course your goals.

Good luck!

Noodlebrain

Postby Noodlebrain » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:03 am

Just out of curiosity are you saying you scored a 170 out of 180 or you scored a 170 then a 180? If the former, I think most people here know that LSAT is out of 180. If the latter, damn!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”