Applications going complete 2nd week in Dec...chances hurt?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rainy

Applications going complete 2nd week in Dec...chances hurt?

Postby Rainy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:10 pm

So I applied to all of my target schools in the first days of November. Just before submitting applications, I was reminded of a single community college class I had taken the summer of my Freshmen year. Obviously in adding the school to LSAC, it made my academic summary report and CAS incomplete.

Because I'm a lucky guy, the CC decided to lose my transcript request form TWICE. This was followed by a clerical error where they thought they had sent it, but had not. I called everyday. I physically took a day off and drove there. Finally, last Thursday (nearly three full weeks after first faxing over my transcript request form), I got them to mail it for real, only to find out that LSAC takes up to 10 business days to process transcripts (yay). With Thanksgiving approaching, I'm guessing my CAS stuff doesn't go complete until the second week in December.

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering how much this will affect my chances? Conventional wisdom straight from Deans and trusted TLS posters seem to suggest it is rather advantageous to get in applications prior to Thanksgiving. I'm worried schools not getting to see my application until the 2nd or 3rd week of December will hurt me. Thoughts?

Finally, sorry for how long-winded this post is - I submitted my applications in the first week of November and I'm just frustrated law schools won't actually look at them until a month and a half later (at the earliest).

midwest17

Re: Applications going complete 2nd week in Dec...chances hurt?

Postby midwest17 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 pm

This will almost certainly not have a meaningful impact on your chances. You also can't control it now, so stop worrying.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:28 pm

This won't hurt your chances and is not late in the cycle.

leroyjenkins6969

Postby leroyjenkins6969 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Also, in my experience, LSAC processes transcripts the same day, or day after receiving them.

I had a transcript sent on a Friday via Fedex Overnight. Monday was a holiday, and everything was done on Tuesday (transcript received and summarized).

I wouldn't worry too much about the transcript taking long to process. Once LSAC gets it, it should be processed pretty quickly.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:20 pm

leroyjenkins6969 wrote:Also, in my experience, LSAC processes transcripts the same day, or day after receiving them.

I had a transcript sent on a Friday via Fedex Overnight. Monday was a holiday, and everything was done on Tuesday (transcript received and summarized).

I wouldn't worry too much about the transcript taking long to process. Once LSAC gets it, it should be processed pretty quickly.

Depending on when you did it, things might be going more slowly now. LSAC is going to be pretty busy at the moment.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”