Any way to fax or email transcripts?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
p3aceandl0v3

Any way to fax or email transcripts?

Postby p3aceandl0v3 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 am

I'm sending in overseas transcripts to the LSAC, and I'm worried about them getting into the LSAC and being processed in time for me to send out my transcripts. Any way to email or fax them or get them in faster?

midwest17

Re: Any way to fax or email transcripts?

Postby midwest17 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 pm

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:32 pm

You have to mail them, but your undergrad may offer rush transcripts. Call your registrars office and ask.

famousblueraincoat

Postby famousblueraincoat » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 pm

I called LSAC about this since my undergrad offers an official electronic copy. Apparently LSAC is currently testing accepting official, electronic transcripts but only from certain schools. I was not told which schools, but only that my undergrad was not one of them. No word on whether this will become a viable option in the future, but it is apparently in beta.

Hope this helps :D

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:54 pm

famousblueraincoat wrote:I called LSAC about this since my undergrad offers an official electronic copy. Apparently LSAC is currently testing accepting official, electronic transcripts but only from certain schools. I was not told which schools, but only that my undergrad was not one of them. No word on whether this will become a viable option in the future, but it is apparently in beta.

Hope this helps :D

Thanks for the info! It'd be awesome for future applicants if they went that route.

p3aceandl0v3

Postby p3aceandl0v3 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:48 am

This might be a dumb question, but for international transcripts, do you have to add the institutions to your profile, or do you just have them sent in? There doesn't seem to be a button to add international transcripts.

avth

Postby avth » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:29 pm

p3aceandl0v3 wrote:This might be a dumb question, but for international transcripts, do you have to add the institutions to your profile, or do you just have them sent in? There doesn't seem to be a button to add international transcripts.

Hey, late response to your question but you should email LSAC and request them to add an international institution to your profile.

I'm having the same fear as you - I've had my school send transcripts already, but knowing how notorious my current country of residence is for losing stuff in the mail, I'm pretty worried... sent the transcripts 2 weeks ago and nothing registered on LSAC yet.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”