Help with Selecting a Law School/Managing my Expectations

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Superstriker90

Help with Selecting a Law School/Managing my Expectations

Postby Superstriker90 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello,

I am interested in going to an American law school and would like some advice. I am 22 years old, Canadian, and have a BA (Hons., 3.84 GPA) in history and political science from the University of Toronto (Best school in Canada, global top 20) and an MPhil degree in Modern European History from the University of Cambridge (Best school in UK, global top 5, sometimes number 1). I'm currently studying for the June 2014 LSAT and would like to apply in September 2014. The schools I have on my list are Columbia, Yale, Harvard, NYU, and the University of Toronto. Do you think if I hit a 170 on my LSAT I would have a good shot at getting into those schools? Do I have realistic expectations? I only ask because I am very worried about the LSAT as I have never done a standardized test before and just hope I do not ruin my fairly good academic record with a bad LSAT.

Thanks!

midwest17

Re: Help with Selecting a Law School/Managing my Expectations

Postby midwest17 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Superstriker90 wrote:University of Toronto (Best school in Canada, global top 20)
Superstriker90 wrote:University of Cambridge (Best school in UK, global top 5, sometimes number 1).

You sound cool.

Superstriker90 wrote:I'm currently studying for the June 2014 LSAT and would like to apply in September 2014. The schools I have on my list are Columbia, Yale, Harvard, NYU, and the University of Toronto. Do you think if I hit a 170 on my LSAT I would have a good shot at getting into those schools? Do I have realistic expectations? I only ask because I am very worried about the LSAT as I have never done a standardized test before and just hope I do not ruin my fairly good academic record with a bad LSAT.

Thanks!

In all seriousness:

--ImageRemoved--

But if you can get it up to a 173:

--ImageRemoved--

A. Nony Mouse

Re: Help with Selecting a Law School/Managing my Expectations

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Locking because duplicate topic.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”