Post removed.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

notalobbyist

Re: LSAC calculations for transfer?

Postby notalobbyist » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Cc grades can be expunged, depending on the school and the reason. Its worth investigating, especially given your circumstances.

HYSenberg

Postby HYSenberg » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:46 am

Assuming S means satisfactory, then yeah, they're ignored in GPA calcs.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:49 am

Expunge/retroactively withdraw from as many classes with bad grades as you can. If you want to fight over grades, you will have more success with the institutions themselves than with the LSAC. Then when you're done submit all necessary transcripts to LSAC. We can tell you what we think the LSAC might do with your grades but it doesn't really matter what we tell you: They're going to do what they're going to do and your grades are set. Hash it out as much as you can with those institutions and then accept the fact that the undying overlord that is the LSAC will deal with your transcripts. The advice people on this forum will give you is just going to be unnecessary (and unfair) reassurance or anxiety.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:52 am

malleus discentium wrote:Expunge/retroactively withdraw from as many classes with bad grades as you can.

I'm very interested in this; any advice on how to go about it? I can't find any mention of "retroactive withdrawal" online in regards to my university, and it seems like it would only be allowed in exceptional circumstances. But this could seriously help me out, seeing as I have just one grade that's really killing me.
ETA: Just kidding, I've looked into it more and it seems like you really need a super legit reason, which I definitely do not. I don't know why I thought I might be able to just wipe away the blemish on my transcript for no reason...

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:24 pm

xylocarp wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:Expunge/retroactively withdraw from as many classes with bad grades as you can.

I'm very interested in this; any advice on how to go about it? I can't find any mention of "retroactive withdrawal" online in regards to my university, and it seems like it would only be allowed in exceptional circumstances. But this could seriously help me out, seeing as I have just one grade that's really killing me.
ETA: Just kidding, I've looked into it more and it seems like you really need a super legit reason, which I definitely do not. I don't know why I thought I might be able to just wipe away the blemish on my transcript for no reason...

Most schools don't have a process they advertise for this, because, as you demonstrated, many people would try to use it to just erase blemishes from their record :).

However, most schools will at least have the conversation with you if you get in touch with the office and have a legitimate reason. Stomach cancer should fall under that list.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”