Choosing between prompts for Supplementary Essays

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
billables247

Choosing between prompts for Supplementary Essays

Postby billables247 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:00 am

Last edited by billables247 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAG Dog

Re: Choosing between prompts for Supplementary Essays

Postby JAG Dog » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:03 pm

They don't really care about your motivation (or what you say is your motivation). They really just want to get a better sense of the kind of applicant they're dealing with. It's not like they read a good application and then think, "yeah, but I really don't know why she wants to attend this school." If another prompt leads to a more compelling essay, follow that prompt.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:32 pm

billables247 wrote:I only ask this because I feel that I could write a much more compelling "why I am unique and you should take me" supplementary essay than a "why I want to go to XYZ."

Then why isn't that your personal statement/diversity essay?

alicejoseph

Postby alicejoseph » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:22 am

Each stage of the process is important, so divide the time to deadline into three roughly equal parts. Avoid the temptation to over-research and under-write by not beginning to write until close to the deadline. Begin as soon as possible: you will achieve a better result if you do a small amount every day over two weeks, rather than trying to cram the whole process into a couple of days. By choosing to work with best essay writing services (LinkRemoved), you will give yourself a chance to work with highly talented writers. Their writes come with at least a master's degree – many of them also have a doctoral degree and work on PhD level papers. They will have no problem making understand your instructions. Above all, they are professional enough to understand how important it is to submit quality work only.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 am

alicejoseph wrote:They will have no problem making understand your instructions.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
alicejoseph wrote:They will have no problem making understand your instructions.

+1

drevo

Postby drevo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:

Well, I'm sold.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”