C And F - Are My Chances Fried?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
couchpizza

C And F - Are My Chances Fried?

Postby couchpizza » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:18 am

Hey guys,

My record is clean but I have a record at my UG. I disclosed a warning for public intox+ disruptive conduct- friends and I were partying in a dorm room on halloween (Oct 2009) and a public intox+tampering with property- I puked on the couch of my dorm's common room so they gave me tampering with property (Dec 2009) Second one got me a conduct probation for one semester. I explained everything in full on my C+F sections on the apps. I explained how I've matured and done great stuff since then. Is this going to significantly hurt my chances at schools?

P.S. I went to a party hardy UG that was trying suuuper hard to get rid of this rep at the time, so they hit me (and a lot of my friends) hard.

Birdnals

Re: C And F - Are My Chances Fried?

Postby Birdnals » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 am

Nobody gives a fuck. Write an addendum, sound contrite. Most the people in law school are functioning alcoholics anyways. Grades/LSAt matter infinitely more than non-dee dub/felony debauchery.

mr. wednesday

Postby mr. wednesday » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 am

Probably not, no. Ideally, you'll not be K-JD to get some distance but it's not a huge deal either way. Disclose honestly and you'll be fine.

couchpizza

Postby couchpizza » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 am

Not K-JD, in my gap year now working, graduated in May. This happened in the fall of my freshman year.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:50 am

This will have little to no effect on your applications.

HYSenberg

Postby HYSenberg » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 pm

On a related vein, what kind of C+F issues would actually impact admission chances negatively?

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Why are lawyers so aspie?

I punched someone WHILE in law school at a bar. Arrested, charged, plead to disorderly. Disclosed to my school/to the bar. I got in with no delay in NJ (supposedly one of the harder C&F).

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Why are lawyers so aspie?

I punched someone WHILE in law school at a bar. Arrested, charged, plead to disorderly. Disclosed to my school/to the bar. I got in with no delay in NJ (supposedly one of the harder C&F).

Buncha u know what's bro

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:09 pm

HYSenberg wrote:On a related vein, what kind of C+F issues would actually impact admission chances negatively?

the ones you don't disclose would make it a rough ride at bar time...I was told by my ethics prof who advises on admissions they only have an impact if they would make it impossible to take the bar or you are a continued threat to faculty and students

mr. wednesday

Postby mr. wednesday » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm

HYSenberg wrote:On a related vein, what kind of C+F issues would actually impact admission chances negatively?

rape, murder, arson, embezzlement, terrorism, etc. probably forging prior degrees/transcripts and stuff like that. If you served jail time or it involves dishonesty/fraud you should probably talk to someone about it.

notalobbyist

Postby notalobbyist » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Make sure to use the word "hurled" in your c&f addendum, definitely will lighten the gravity of the situation.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:38 am

couchpizza wrote:P.S. I went to a party hardy UG that was trying suuuper hard to get rid of this rep at the time, so they hit me (and a lot of my friends) hard.

Make sure you emphasize this in your addendum. :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”