LOR confusion

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
osubucknut

LOR confusion

Postby osubucknut » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm

LSAC has received one of my letters of recommendation but I'm confused about the actual process of LSAC adding them to my file. Under status it says received, does this mean it has already been added or are they still processing it and it should say something else?

drevo

Re: LOR confusion

Postby drevo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:13 pm

I just received a couple of mine and as soon as it said received I was able to assign them to the schools I wanted to send them to so I think this means they are good to go. My apps aren't finished yet though so I haven't tried sending any of them out. But I would assume if that they have been received, especially if done electronically, they would be ready to go.

osubucknut

Postby osubucknut » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you for you help. I searched everywhere on LSAC and was unable to find any answers.

PalmBay

Postby PalmBay » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm not exactly sure what your question is here, but I hope I can answer them.

Think of LSAC as a data collecting hub. There's you, there's LSAC, then there's however many schools you are applying to.

You send your material to LSAC. They have it stored. When you apply to schools, they will send out what they have from you to those schools. If it says received, then LSAC has it. When you apply to a school or schools, you can assign which LOR you want to send to them. In a few days there will be a small icon of a letter indicating that LSAC has mailed it out to the schools you applied to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”