Will they cancel my acceptance if I'm unable to graduate?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dlrbfl

Will they cancel my acceptance if I'm unable to graduate?

Postby dlrbfl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:01 am

PLEASE HELP! :oops: :oops:

I am an international applicant, planning to attend LS straight from UG.
Since I have one semester left I was going to finish that up next spring and graduate in August 2014, but I just found out that I may not be able to graduate before law school starts.

Before submitting my applications I called my school to make sure I can graduate next semester, and they said I can.
Today I called again to double-check, and they told me they've made a mistake. I need to take 3 more classes than I initially thought.
WTH. If not enough courses are offered in the summer I may have to stay in school until December 2014.

I know law schools allow students to defer for various reasons, but is not being able to graduate one of them?
If not, will they cancel my acceptance?

This is freaking me out :( :(
Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance.

Re: Will they cancel my acceptance if I'm unable to graduate?

Postby 2014 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:45 am

It will be school dependent. With apps down, they will probably allow you to defer especially if you are transparent and don't drop that bomb on them in August. There might be some schools that will tell you to reapply next year, but there are no indications it will be any harder to get in next year so you should be fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”