.privacy Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
john09121

New

.privacy

Post by john09121 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Last edited by john09121 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NanaP

Bronze

Re: Just noticed a mistake on my Harvard app. What can I do ?

Post by NanaP » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 pm

john09121 wrote:Really not sure how I missed this. On the bottom part of the "Employment" section, I neglected to fill out my extra curricular activities (I actually did a while ago, but they somehow didn't save). Can't believe I didn't see this when I proofread my app. Please spare me the scolding I know I deserve! I already feel awful.

All of my extra-curricular activities are listed on my resume (and I discuss them at length in my personal statement), and I honestly think they're the strongest part of my application.

Can I do anything about this? I submitted the app yesterday, and it hasn't been processed yet. If not, how much will this hurt me? I realize it makes me look like I don't pay careful attention to detail.

Incase it matters, my GPA is 3.9 and my LSAT score is 174.

Thank you!
Relax...you can either email them once you receive the confirmation email of your application, and include the document....or you can not worry about it, if you already mention it, I doubt it matters, besides, isn't TLS mantra softs don't matter?

john09121

New

Post by john09121 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:01 pm

NanaP wrote:
john09121 wrote:Really not sure how I missed this. On the bottom part of the "Employment" section, I neglected to fill out my extra curricular activities (I actually did a while ago, but they somehow didn't save). Can't believe I didn't see this when I proofread my app. Please spare me the scolding I know I deserve! I already feel awful.

All of my extra-curricular activities are listed on my resume (and I discuss them at length in my personal statement), and I honestly think they're the strongest part of my application.

Can I do anything about this? I submitted the app yesterday, and it hasn't been processed yet. If not, how much will this hurt me? I realize it makes me look like I don't pay careful attention to detail.

Thank you!
Relax...you can either email them once you receive the confirmation email of your application, and include the document....or you can not worry about it, if you already mention it, I doubt it matters, besides, isn't TLS mantra softs don't matter?

Really appreciate the reassurance. Is there any reason I should wait until I get the confirmation email? I was planning on calling their admissions office tomorrow.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:16 pm

john09121 wrote:
NanaP wrote:

Thank you!

Really appreciate the reassurance. Is there any reason I should wait until I get the confirmation email? I was planning on calling their admissions office tomorrow.

There's not particular reason, but then they have a file created for you so they can place the document there....it doesn't make a difference but I would wait.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”