Resume Critique Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
staige152

New

Resume Critique

Post by staige152 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Can someone please critique/edit my new one page resume? I had to exclude a lot of my jobs and other awards and limit them to larger ones and I'm wondering what would you add/subtract or edit:
Last edited by staige152 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Resume Critique

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Dude. Don't post your real name and address, are you insane?

You can fit several more jobs on there if you get rid of the vast amounts of wasted whitespace. You're using way too much page for each job.
Reduce your font size, reduce your margins, reduce your spacing between things.

Include a personal interests line.
rinkrat19 wrote:As an example of how much you can get on one page, here is my current resume, genericized and redacted. As you can see, I have 2 schools, 6 jobs, 2 volunteer gigs and personal interests on there. Red is stuff that has been added since starting law school. The resume I applied to law school with was basically the same design before cramming the new stuff in, except with more relaxed spacing. There may have been a third bullet point under the older jobs.

Last edited by rinkrat19 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:07 pm

um. is this all your real info? if so, I hope you know you just shared it with a LOT of strangers.

edit: scooped by rinkrat

staige152

New

Post by staige152 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Marshmallow wrote:um. is this all your real info? if so, I hope you know you just shared it with a LOT of strangers.

The information is all public information. I ran for public office so I used my office address and included information that was published online.

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 pm

staige152 wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:um. is this all your real info? if so, I hope you know you just shared it with a LOT of strangers.

The information is all public information. I ran for public office so I used my office address and included information that was published online.
At the end of the day, it's your call. Personally, I wouldn't throw around my real name/gmail and education/work history on these forums like it's nothing.

That being said, I actually used rinkrat's resume sample when working on my own. I think it's an excellent example.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”