Reminding professor of LOR Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
boosane

New

Reminding professor of LOR Help

Post by boosane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 am

Last month on October 1st, I asked two of my professors if they'd be willing to write me LORs, they all agreed. I handed them my folder of transcripts, graded work, LSAC form, etc. I asked them to mail them out by Thanksgiving. Since that day is soon approaching, I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to give them a quick reminder through email sometime this week?

Thanks everyone.

famousblueraincoat

New

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Post by famousblueraincoat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 pm

I actually just emailed reminders to my recommenders :p. This is part of their job and they have already agreed to vouch for you, so they won't think you're horrible for asking for a status update. Especially if the deadline that they agreed to is approaching.

Wishing them a happy Thanksgiving should make the email less awkward. Try something like "...wanted to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you again for agreeing to write a letter of recommendation on my behalf... I also wanted to confirm that, per our previous correspondence, the letter would be sent before (?) the Thanksgiving holiday thnx"

:D

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 pm

this reminds me of someone i know

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm

phillywc wrote:this reminds me of someone i know
-_____________-

you are fine emailing them. you didn't mention giving them an envelope with postage though--maybe include in the email that you are dropping by to drop that off, too?

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm

scoobers wrote:
phillywc wrote:this reminds me of someone i know
-_____________-

you are fine emailing them. you didn't mention giving them an envelope with postage though--maybe include in the email that you are dropping by to drop that off, too?
Wasn't talking about you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boosane

New

Post by boosane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for the help guys. The professor said he will mail them out by the end of this week. Is it in good etiquette to reply with a simple thank you? or should I just stop right here before I further clog up his inbox?
Last edited by boosane on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm

boosane wrote:Thanks for the help guys. The professor said he will mail them out by the end of this week. Is it in good etiquette to reply with a simple thank you? or should I just stop right here before I further clog up her inbox?
Just email back "Thanks!" so he knows you read it.

boosane

New

Post by boosane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:32 pm

scoobers wrote:
boosane wrote:Thanks for the help guys. The professor said he will mail them out by the end of this week. Is it in good etiquette to reply with a simple thank you? or should I just stop right here before I further clog up her inbox?
Just email back "Thanks!" so he knows you read it.
Just sent. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”