Reminding professor of LOR Help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
boosane

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 am

Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby boosane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 am

Last month on October 1st, I asked two of my professors if they'd be willing to write me LORs, they all agreed. I handed them my folder of transcripts, graded work, LSAC form, etc. I asked them to mail them out by Thanksgiving. Since that day is soon approaching, I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to give them a quick reminder through email sometime this week?

Thanks everyone.

User avatar
famousblueraincoat

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby famousblueraincoat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 pm

I actually just emailed reminders to my recommenders :p. This is part of their job and they have already agreed to vouch for you, so they won't think you're horrible for asking for a status update. Especially if the deadline that they agreed to is approaching.

Wishing them a happy Thanksgiving should make the email less awkward. Try something like "...wanted to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you again for agreeing to write a letter of recommendation on my behalf... I also wanted to confirm that, per our previous correspondence, the letter would be sent before (?) the Thanksgiving holiday thnx"

:D

User avatar
phillywc

Gold
Posts: 3449
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby phillywc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 pm

this reminds me of someone i know

Kimikho

Gold
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby Kimikho » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm

phillywc wrote:this reminds me of someone i know

-_____________-

you are fine emailing them. you didn't mention giving them an envelope with postage though--maybe include in the email that you are dropping by to drop that off, too?

User avatar
phillywc

Gold
Posts: 3449
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby phillywc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm

scoobers wrote:
phillywc wrote:this reminds me of someone i know

-_____________-

you are fine emailing them. you didn't mention giving them an envelope with postage though--maybe include in the email that you are dropping by to drop that off, too?

Wasn't talking about you

boosane

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby boosane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for the help guys. The professor said he will mail them out by the end of this week. Is it in good etiquette to reply with a simple thank you? or should I just stop right here before I further clog up his inbox?
Last edited by boosane on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Gold
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby Kimikho » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 pm

boosane wrote:Thanks for the help guys. The professor said he will mail them out by the end of this week. Is it in good etiquette to reply with a simple thank you? or should I just stop right here before I further clog up her inbox?


Just email back "Thanks!" so he knows you read it.

boosane

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Reminding professor of LOR Help

Postby boosane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:32 pm

scoobers wrote:
boosane wrote:Thanks for the help guys. The professor said he will mail them out by the end of this week. Is it in good etiquette to reply with a simple thank you? or should I just stop right here before I further clog up her inbox?


Just email back "Thanks!" so he knows you read it.


Just sent. Thanks!



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests