College Activities List

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ttime97

College Activities List

Postby ttime97 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello! New here and still looking around at everything on the forums. I'm nearly at the end of my application process and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to write the college activities list that's required by (from what I've seen) Yale, UVA and Michigan?

It's not the same thing as a resume so I was wondering if I should expand to include activities that weren't listed, whether or not I should keep it to one page, and how thorough I should be in my descriptions? Any advice on this would be appreciated!

lawschool22

Re: College Activities List

Postby lawschool22 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 pm

You can expand if you want, but I would primarily use it as a place to add detail to some of the activities you listed. If there is something in which you held a significant role, explain that. Use it to tell the adcoms all the good things you did in those activities. I would list the activities that are most important to you.

Also (and I can't speak for Yale) it isn't a separate "page" you attach, it's part of the onlie app, so don't worry about that. I believe they all have character limits when you fill it out on LSAC, so it will automatically tell you when you've become too long-winded.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”