Resume Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nutsforboalt

Resume Question

Postby nutsforboalt » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:12 pm

I was trained in conflict management and mediation by my university's dispute resolutions center and I am wondering if this is something I should include in my resume and, if so, where?

bp shinners

Re: Resume Question

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:41 pm

nutsforboalt wrote:I was trained in conflict management and mediation by my university's dispute resolutions center and I am wondering if this is something I should include in my resume and, if so, where?

Student Activities

Carlo Von Sexron

Postby Carlo Von Sexron » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:16 pm

bp shinners wrote:
nutsforboalt wrote:I was trained in conflict management and mediation by my university's dispute resolutions center and I am wondering if this is something I should include in my resume and, if so, where?

Student Activities
Probably this, but I wonder if the OP actually performed these tasks, and in what context -- i.e., was this something she did for 10 or more hours a week? If yes to both, then she might want to put it under "Experience." It sounds like a skill you really want to highlight on a law school application.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Carlo Von Sexron wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Student Activities
Probably this, but I wonder if the OP actually performed these tasks, and in what context -- i.e., was this something she did for 10 or more hours a week? If yes to both, then she might want to put it under "Experience." It sounds like a skill you really want to highlight on a law school application.

If she was doing it in a professional setting, I'd agree. However, if she was doing it as part of a student mediation program (which is what I believe the setting was), then I'd still list it under Student Activities, or a similar section.

nutsforboalt

Postby nutsforboalt » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:28 am

bp shinners wrote:
Carlo Von Sexron wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Student Activities

If she was doing it in a professional setting, I'd agree. However, if she was doing it as part of a student mediation program (which is what I believe the setting was), then I'd still list it under Student Activities, or a similar section.

Thanks so much for the input, student activities seems to be the most fitting place for it as it wasn't a set 10 hours per week. I'll definitely include it though :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”