Sending an additional LOR? Should I email each school?????

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bulawschool

Sending an additional LOR? Should I email each school?????

Postby bulawschool » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:55 pm

My applications are already complete, and most of them are already ready to review.
However, I have an additional LOR that I would like to send to schools.

Should I send an email to each school and let them know that I will be sending them an additional LOR??

NanaP

Re: Sending an additional LOR? Should I email each school?????

Postby NanaP » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 pm

bulawschool wrote:My applications are already complete, and most of them are already ready to review.

Should I send an email to each school and let them know that I will be sending them an additional LOR??

I personally don't think it will make a difference

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:40 pm

bulawschool wrote:My applications are already complete, and most of them are already ready to review.

How important is this LoR? I'd probably recommend holding off on it in case you get waitlisted, rather than sending it out now.

bulawschool

Postby bulawschool » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

bp shinners wrote:

How important is this LoR? I'd probably recommend holding off on it in case you get waitlisted, rather than sending it out now.

The LOR is pretty important -- it is from my undergraduate professor who knows me pretty well.

I should have received the letter a long time ago, but the professor was busy at the time because of his to-be-published papers, and he just uploaded his LOR on LSAC.
I already have 2 LORs -- 1 is from an attorney at my law firm internship and the other is from an instructor/lecturer (not a professor) at my undergrad college.

I am sure that he wrote me an excellent LOR -- he knows me well both academically and personally.
Although some schools only accept maximum of 2 LORs, there are still many other schools that do accept up to 4 LORs.

Should I hold on to this LOR?

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:42 pm

bulawschool wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

The LOR is pretty important -- it is from my undergraduate professor who knows me pretty well.

I should have received the letter a long time ago, but the professor was busy at the time because of his to-be-published papers, and he just uploaded his LOR on LSAC.
I already have 2 LORs -- 1 is from an attorney at my law firm internship and the other is from an instructor/lecturer (not a professor) at my undergrad college.

I am sure that he wrote me an excellent LOR -- he knows me well both academically and personally.
Although some schools only accept maximum of 2 LORs, there are still many other schools that do accept up to 4 LORs.

Should I hold on to this LOR?

Since it's a second academic letter, I'd send it in to the schools that accept more than 2. Or not. Where have you applied? That will make a (slight) difference.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”