Take Dec LSAT or wait til next cycle?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
philibre

Take Dec LSAT or wait til next cycle?

Postby philibre » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:27 pm

A little background...

I graduated from a top public university with an average GPA (3.7) and good extracurricular activities. I decided to join Teach For America instead of going straight to law school. Currently, I'm in my first year of TFA, attending grad school, and not sure if I'll finish the year out. (Reasons as to why are another topic. If someone asks, I may explain. Quitting could be explained away in an addendum, if necessary.) I applied for and received a transfer back to my home town for next year, so if I do finish the year I will be in another city next year.

My question is whether or not it would be a good idea to take the December LSAT (I have yet to begin studying, though) and apply for this next cycle without knowing my LSAT scores? Or, I could wait and take the October LSAT and apply for the year after.

Also, if I do quit TFA, I will likely end up working a pink collar job until I apply next year. Will working a pink color job hurt my chances significantly?

Any advice is appreciated. :)

Ti Malice

Re: Take Dec LSAT or wait til next cycle?

Postby Ti Malice » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:35 pm

So you've never studied for the LSAT? It's not a test that most people master in four weeks.

philibre

Postby philibre » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Ti Malice wrote:So you've never studied for the LSAT? It's not a test that most people master in four weeks.

I took a prep course offered through my university during my junior year, but didn't take it very seriously. I do have some experience studying under my belt, but not much. This is one of my concerns with taking the LSAT in December.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Next cycle.

Dr.Zer0

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:09 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Next cycle.

+1 Start studying for the June 2014 LSAT

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Next cycle.

+1 Start studying for the June 2014 LSAT

+2

The LSAT is something many people spend hundreds of hours studying for. If you care about your future, you should too.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”