Can I submit the rec on someone else's behalf?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tigersaresexy

Can I submit the rec on someone else's behalf?

Postby tigersaresexy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:27 pm

My boss left my completed and signed letter of recommendation in my box before leaving on a two week trip. I'm applying ED so I wanted to upload this early next week...but I'm overseas so post is out of the question. Is there any way I can create an LSAC account and upload it through that? Or email LSAC with my predicament?

Happy Gilmore

Re: Can I submit the rec on someone else's behalf?

Postby Happy Gilmore » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm

While there is nothing harmless with what you are proposing, I absolutely would not. Especially since you probably waived the right to read the letter when you added them as a recommender on LSAC. Can you imagine explaining that if it came out? Again, your intentions are not bad but it would not be perceived that way.

2 options: wait it out (of course overnight the letter to LSAC) and see how long it takes them, or bug the professor to upload it.

I really wouldn't open it though.

tigersaresexy

Postby tigersaresexy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm worried about mailing because the mail is super unreliable out here...has anyone had success in faxing in the letter? I know my boss won't do it on time, he's understandably busy, and I am obviously hesitant about making an LSAC account in his name.

Magical Trevor

Postby Magical Trevor » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:47 pm

All of my lors were faxed and most were uploaded the same day.

neprep

Postby neprep » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:29 am

tigersaresexy wrote:I'm worried about mailing because the mail is super unreliable out here...has anyone had success in faxing in the letter? I know my boss won't do it on time, he's understandably busy, and I am obviously hesitant about making an LSAC account in his name.

Do NOT do this. Here's what you would have to check off before creating such an account:

Applicant Reference accounts may only be created by persons serving as references for law school applicants. By checking this box, I acknowledge that I have been requested to provide a reference for a law school applicant. To law school applicants: do not create an Applicant Reference account. Should you do so, you may be subject to a charge of misconduct or irregularity.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Call up LSAC and see what they say.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”