Possible C & F issue, disclose? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bombaysippin

Gold

Possible C & F issue, disclose?

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 am

Last edited by bombaysippin on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

JuTMSY4

Bronze

Re: Possible C & F issue, disclose?

Post by JuTMSY4 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:04 pm

1) Always dislcose. this will likely never come up. But on the plus side, if you disclose you have 0 things to worry about, it shouldn't stop you from getting barred

2) Again, disclose (especially if you name is on them). Same as above. Don't get any noise violations in law school and you should be fine

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Anyone else? Even if it's the same sentiment, opinions would appreciated.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:25 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:1) Always dislcose. this will likely never come up. But on the plus side, if you disclose you have 0 things to worry about, it shouldn't stop you from getting barred

2) Again, disclose (especially if you name is on them). Same as above. Don't get any noise violations in law school and you should be fine
While this is good advice, I don't think you have to disclose if your name isn't on it.

YYZ

Bronze

Post by YYZ » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Disclose. Remember this could come up on your state bar C&F too, which is a separate process if you didn't know. You don't want the state bar to find it after you failed to disclose to the school.

The law school will care 0% about this issue when considering your application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm usually in favor of disclosing just to be safe, but neither of these incidents even sound like the kind of thing law schools or bar examiners even ask about. The question isn't "have you ever been in any kind of trouble?" It's usually more like "have you ever been in trouble that resulted in consequence X? If so, explain." If there is no consequence X, I don't see why/how you would disclose.

All that being said, neither of these incidents even come close to the kind of thing that anyone cares about, so you may as well just try to disclose them for the sake of being more than 100% transparent.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 pm

"You're being too noisy. Keep it down."

or

"I need your ID." Gets it, rights stuff down, hands you a slip of paper. "Keep it down."
?

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Last edited by bombaysippin on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Bajam wrote:
bp shinners wrote:"You're being too noisy. Keep it down."

or

"I need your ID." Gets it, rights stuff down, hands you a slip of paper. "Keep it down."
?
Honestly can't remember. I've asked for a Dean's certification thing for my conduct so I will find out this week.

Thanks everyone for the info/opinions. It seems though as I am filling out some applications under the C&F part where it's just a yes or no box...the questions are specific enough that I answer NO because so far it has asked about felonies or academic probations and such. All of which I've never been convicted of or had so where exactly are people directing me to disclose? I made this topic before I had actually gotten to the C&F portions of applications and so I am a bit confused still.
This is what I was talking about before. If the questions don't ask for anything related to the incidents, I don't know how you are going to disclose it. Just be as honest as humanly possible and err on the side of disclosure (meaning if you're wondering whether your conduct "counts" for a particular question, it probably does), and you'll be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”