Northwestern Interview Request?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
willmendel

Northwestern Interview Request?

Postby willmendel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:15 pm

got assigned an interviewer for northwestern, but just got his email address.

What is appropriate to include in an interview request? Just, hi, I'm so and so, and I want to interview so tell me when you're free?

Or more in-depth, like tell him a little about myself, maybe attach a resume, or is this overkill?

Might seem like a silly question but... this is my first chance to make an impression at a law school I'd prefer if it was a good one!

thanks!

Tiago Splitter

Re: Northwestern Interview Request?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

willmendel wrote:got assigned an interviewer for northwestern, but just got his email address.

What is appropriate to include in an interview request? Just, hi, I'm so and so, and I want to interview so tell me when you're free?

Or more in-depth, like tell him a little about myself, maybe attach a resume, or is this overkill?

Might seem like a silly question but... this is my first chance to make an impression at a law school I'd prefer if it was a good one!

thanks!

No need to go into too much depth. Introduce yourself and let him know that you are looking forward to the opportunity to interview and learn more about the school. Then give him an idea about your availability, but make it clear that you are flexible.

TheJanitor6203

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:34 pm

I would just google him and find out where he works and just show up.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
willmendel wrote:got assigned an interviewer for northwestern, but just got his email address.

thanks!

No need to go into too much depth. Introduce yourself and let him know that you are looking forward to the opportunity to interview and learn more about the school. Then give him an idea about your availability, but make it clear that you are flexible.

And just in case in needs to be said: be formal in your email. Your interview will probably be much more relaxed that you are fearing, but you should always be extremely polite and businesslike when contacting an attorney you've never met.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”