LSAT Addendum Advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ObviousAlias

New

LSAT Addendum Advice

Postby ObviousAlias » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:38 pm

I scored 169, then a 166, then a 167. I was better-prepared for my second and third attempts (I went from scoring in the low 170s before my first attempt to averaging around a 174.5 in the weeks before by final attempt). However, I felt exponentially more pressure each time I retook, which degraded my performance. Should I write an addendum? If so, how should i spin this?

nugnoy

Bronze

Re: LSAT Addendum Advice

Postby nugnoy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:39 am

I think that 3 scores that all are in the same score range pretty much seals you position as a 167/168. The problem is that no matter how you try to spin it, the consistency in your different scores speaks for itself.

If I were in your situation and really really wanted to write an addendum, I would think long and hard about writing one. By long I mean brainstorm for 2+ months. And by hard I mean consider at least 2~3 "viable" routes and develop them to a decent degree and see if the end result is seems not negative.

I think addendum is for anomalous score(s), large score discrepancies, or extenuating circumstances that affected performance. Not for 3 scores in the same range.

Brettanomyces

Bronze

Re: LSAT Addendum Advice

Postby Brettanomyces » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:17 am

I think writing an addendum be unnecessary in this situation.

Most schools won't care, and the few that do won't want to read it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�