Re: Applying Early

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
luckystar84

Postby luckystar84 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:48 am

deleted
Last edited by luckystar84 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

daryldixon

Re: abroad grades drop GPA .01 to exact median, but don't count

Postby daryldixon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:08 am

luckystar84 wrote:LSAC said my abroad grades won't count toward my LSDAS calculated GPA. A school said they want to see the abroad grades anyway. It's nothing to be ashamed of (A/A- @ the country's top university, western EU).

However, my LSDAS gpa without the abroad grades is target school's median + .01. For illustrative purposes, think mythical school X has 3.8, and abroad grades bring it down to 3.79 (not my exact situation)
The abroad grades (the A-) drops it to exactly median, should the school do their own calculation. Hence my LSDAS GPA should stay the same even after my abroad grades are in.

LSAT is the target school's exact median, so I'm right there on both scores.

If a school only cares about whether you're above/at/below median because of the LSDAS GPA they have to report to ABA/wherever else, and my LSDAS gpa is above median by .01, then the inclusion of my study abroad grades should have no negative effect, right?

You are over thinking this.

luckystar84

Postby luckystar84 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm

deleted
Last edited by luckystar84 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

McGruff

Re: abroad grades drop GPA .01 to exact median, but don't count

Postby McGruff » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 pm

luckystar84 wrote:If a school only cares about whether you're above/at/below median because of the LSDAS GPA they have to report to ABA/wherever else, and my LSDAS gpa is above median by .01, then the inclusion of my study abroad grades should have no negative effect, right?

Right. They don't care about an imaginary median that doesn't exist but would if the data were reported differently, they care about the LSDAS. It might raise an eyebrow if you had a 2.0 at your study abroad institution, but even then it wouldn't be nearly as important as your LSDAS. You're fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”