C&F Discrepancy from previous applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
on the fence

C&F Discrepancy from previous applications

Postby on the fence » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:58 pm

I have a minor C&F issue (cited by RA for alcohol in dorms) that I will be explaining in my apps. The problem is that I am reapplying to some schools after increasing my LSAT a bunch, and I did not include this offense on my applications last year. It was a pretty honest mistake. I was rushed to get my apps in and completely spaced on it ever happening. Should I put in my C&F addendums that I forgot to add this last cycle? Or should I just stick to explaining what happened?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Re: C&F Discrepancy from previous applications

Postby oshberg28 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Hm, this is a good question and a tough one to answer. I think you'll receive differing opinions, but I say don't mention the previous omission in your addendums. Adcoms very likely won't review your previous application, especially if you don't mention previously applying anywhere in your current application. On the off-chance that they do review your past application, notice the discrepancy, and ask you about it - then you simply be honest about completely forgetting about it last year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”