do we need to title our essay/diversity statement/addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kobe1020

do we need to title our essay/diversity statement/addendum?

Postby kobe1020 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:53 am

i just uploaded all my paper works, and when I was reviewing them all together I saw only plain pages of words one by one. i don't know whether law school admissions office wants us to title them as "personal statement" or "diversity Statement"???

Ramius

Re: do we need to title our essay/diversity statement/addendum?

Postby Ramius » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:48 am

You don't need to label your various sections. Unless the school specifically asked for something in the header, it should be a blank page with only words. The adcoms will figure it all out.

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:22 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:You don't need to label your various sections. Unless the school specifically asked for something in the header, it should be a blank page with only words. The adcoms will figure it all out.

thank you!!

AT9

Postby AT9 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Just as another opinion, I did title my various essays. I did it mostly because 1) it looked more official and 2) I had more than one essay for most of my apps. So, I'd do whatever seems more comfortable to you unless someone knows of a good reason not to do so.

Oh, and by title I mean just the title of the document and my name. So it'd be "Personal Statement - John Doe"

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”