Retaking December but apply now? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
admiringatticus

Bronze

Retaking December but apply now?

Post by admiringatticus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:45 pm

Hello,

I'm planning on retaking the LSAT in December (edited out) and I'm wondering if I can apply now before the December LSAT. Will schools just hold the file until December and then evaluate it then if they know you are retaking? Will that hurt my chances if they have to wait until December to evaluate it?

Thanks very much!
Last edited by admiringatticus on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jb1

New

Re: Retaking December but apply now?

Post by jb1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:40 pm

admiringatticus wrote:
admiringatticus wrote:Hello,

I'm planning on retaking the LSAT in December (161 in June, 165 in October; 4.13 cGPA) and I'm wondering if I can apply now before the December LSAT. Will schools just hold the file until December and then evaluate it then if they know you are retaking? Will that hurt my chances if they have to wait until December to evaluate it?

Thanks very much!
I'm in similar situation... Retaking in December (already have a 170 in the bank), but am wondering if I should submit my apps now or wait until I receive my December score--or if it really makes any difference. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Every_LSAT

New

Re: Retaking December but apply now?

Post by Every_LSAT » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:29 pm

You can apply now and then resend your LSAT score to those schools after you receive it. It shouldn't hurt your chances too much unless your score goes down even more, but it sounds like you were ready, just dropped due to being sick.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”