chances of using an updated (higher) LSAT bargaining for $$$

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kobe1020

chances of using an updated (higher) LSAT bargaining for $$$

Postby kobe1020 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 am

some schools say once their decisions have been made, they are "FINAL" and unlikely to be changed. so I wonder if there is someone who knows about using an updated LSAT to bargain for more $$$ or get off wait list. Of course, we have to make sure that school doesn't wait until you have your latest score..

Good luck to everyone!

bp shinners

Re: chances of using an updated (higher) LSAT bargaining for $$$

Postby bp shinners » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:49 pm

kobe1020 wrote:some schools say once their decisions have been made, they are "FINAL" and unlikely to be changed. so I wonder if there is someone who knows about using an updated LSAT to bargain for more $$$ or get off wait list. Of course, we have to make sure that school doesn't wait until you have your latest score..

Good luck to everyone!

People use higher scores all the time to get off waitlists - it's the single easiest way to improve your chances of enrollment if you get waitlisted. You can also negotiate higher scholarships with them, assuming you have other viable options that will make the schools want to entice you there with money.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:51 pm

kobe1020 wrote:some schools say once their decisions have been made, they are "FINAL" and unlikely to be changed. so I wonder if there is someone who knows about using an updated LSAT to bargain for more $$$ or get off wait list. Of course, we have to make sure that school doesn't wait until you have your latest score..

Good luck to everyone!

If a school refuses to re-evaluate your package, you can make a FINAL decision of your own: not to attend. Sometimes, waiting a cycle is TCR, but I don't know your specifics.

california2013

Postby california2013 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 pm

JazzOne wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

If a school refuses to re-evaluate your package, you can make a FINAL decision of your own: not to attend. Sometimes, waiting a cycle is TCR, but I don't know your specifics.

what is TCR stand for ?

thanks

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 pm

california2013 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

what is TCR stand for ?

thanks

The credited response
The correct response

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”