Northwestern Interview

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dempsey6
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 am

Northwestern Interview

Postby dempsey6 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:06 pm

Is the smart move to interview with them? I ask bc they claim to hold your application until after you have been interviewed. I would hate to negate the advantage of applying this early just for an interview. For the record, I visited the school in the summer, and spoke with associate director of admissions for ten or so minutes. Now if she remembers me from that is another question lol.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Interview

Postby midwest17 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:24 pm

My guess is that if you don't interview, they're going to wonder why you didn't. How long would you have to wait to interview? When I signed up there were spots available almost immediately.

hrk1061
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Northwestern Interview

Postby hrk1061 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:39 pm

dempsey6 wrote:Is the smart move to interview with them? I ask bc they claim to hold your application until after you have been interviewed. I would hate to negate the advantage of applying this early just for an interview. For the record, I visited the school in the summer, and spoke with associate director of admissions for ten or so minutes. Now if she remembers me from that is another question lol.


Absolutely interview. As a very recent Northwestern Law alum, I can tell you it's an important part of admission and something Northwestern takes pride in. If you truly want to go to Northwestern and can make it to campus to interview, I'd do that. If not, do one of the alumni interviews. If you have questions PM me.

dempsey6
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern Interview

Postby dempsey6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 am

midwest17 wrote:My guess is that if you don't interview, they're going to wonder why you didn't. How long would you have to wait to interview? When I signed up there were spots available almost immediately.


Yeah I think they are very soon so I will do that.

dempsey6
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 am

Re: Northwestern Interview

Postby dempsey6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:35 am

hrk1061 wrote:
dempsey6 wrote:Is the smart move to interview with them? I ask bc they claim to hold your application until after you have been interviewed. I would hate to negate the advantage of applying this early just for an interview. For the record, I visited the school in the summer, and spoke with associate director of admissions for ten or so minutes. Now if she remembers me from that is another question lol.


Absolutely interview. As a very recent Northwestern Law alum, I can tell you it's an important part of admission and something Northwestern takes pride in. If you truly want to go to Northwestern and can make it to campus to interview, I'd do that. If not, do one of the alumni interviews. If you have questions PM me.


after this thread I absolutely will interview, but I don't know if it will be on campus. Not sure if I can afford another 300 dollar flight. Luckily I live in a major city so I'm sure there are alumni in the city. However, do you think it is significantly better to interview on campus than with an alumni?

Thanks for the help..if u dont see this I might just take u up on that pm offer..




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest