CRS Service Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SH1990

New

CRS Service Help

Post by SH1990 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:00 pm

I thought that I had registered for the CRS service through the LSAC but I guess it didn't go through and it became apparent to me after no schools were sending me e-mails and fee waivers while my friend was getting several fee waivers with an LSAT score 7 points lower than mine. I registered immediately after I noticed I was not signed up but I am afraid that schools have already sent out all their e-mails and that they will not see my score. Do I still have a chance of fee waivers being sent to me or is it too late now that LSAT scores have been out for a couple days?
Thanks in advance for your help!

avth

New

Re: CRS Service Help

Post by avth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:06 pm

SH1990 wrote:I thought that I had registered for the CRS service through the LSAC but I guess it didn't go through and it became apparent to me after no schools were sending me e-mails and fee waivers while my friend was getting several fee waivers with an LSAT score 7 points lower than mine. I registered immediately after I noticed I was not signed up but I am afraid that schools have already sent out all their e-mails and that they will not see my score. Do I still have a chance of fee waivers being sent to me or is it too late now that LSAT scores have been out for a couple days?
Thanks in advance for your help!
I just asked about this in another thread. I think that if you'd originally not opted in for the service, and only just turned it on, you may have missed out on getting some fee waivers. You can solicit fee waivers yourself though by directly emailing the admissions offices of law schools you want fee waivers for. I just emailed UCLA's admissions office asking for a waiver and they sent me a code almost immediately.

SH1990

New

Post by SH1990 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 pm

avth wrote: I just asked about this in another thread. I think that if you'd originally not opted in for the service, and only just turned it on, you may have missed out on getting some fee waivers. You can solicit fee waivers yourself though by directly emailing the admissions offices of law schools you want fee waivers for. I just emailed UCLA's admissions office asking for a waiver and they sent me a code almost immediately.
Sorry I hadn't seen your thread, didn't mean to be redundant. I am very interested in UCLA, would you mind telling me your stats? Mine are 3.87/169 for reference. Have you solicited other schools for fee waivers? Also what exactly did you say in your e-mails, I'm afraid of coming off as rude or cocky.

avth

New

Post by avth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 pm

oh no, it wasn't a separate thread, just a post in this thread (http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=212345)

Your stats should definitely make you eligible. I have a 171 LSAT and 3.60 GPA, and I simply emailed admissions stating that I was interested in their law school and if it was possible for me to obtain a waiver for the application fee. I gave them my LSAC account number, LSAC GPA and LSAT score, and they sent me a code pretty quickly. Besides UCLA I've only emailed UVA; they haven't replied yet. Haven't tried other schools yet but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”