3.0 GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CCL

3.0 GPA

Postby CCL » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:44 pm

I'm interested in attended either Texas Tech or Thurgood Marshall school of law.

I'm currently a senior with a 3.0 college GPA. I really messed up my first year of classes, and I ended up retaking the courses. They weren't hard classes, I just didn't show up. So, with the retakes, I have a 3.0. I decided I had an interest in law the beginning of my senior year, which doesn't help.

I still have 3 semesters left of school, which should all be 3.5-4.0 semesters.

I will graduate in December of 2014 with a major in Criminal Justice and a minor in Philosophy.

I will not being taking my LSAT until 2014, and I am currently preparing for it.

With a decent LSAT score, will I be able to get into either of the two law schools?

Thank You!

Void

Re: 3.0 GPA

Postby Void » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:54 pm

CCL wrote:I'm interested in attended either Texas Tech or Thurgood Marshall school of law.

I'm currently a senior with a 3.0 college GPA. I really messed up my first year of classes, and I ended up retaking the courses. They weren't hard classes, I just didn't show up. So, with the retakes, I have a 3.0. I decided I had an interest in law the beginning of my senior year, which doesn't help.

I still have 3 semesters left of school, which should all be 3.5-4.0 semesters.

I will graduate in December of 2014 with a major in Criminal Justice and a minor in Philosophy.

I will not being taking my LSAT until 2014, and I am currently preparing for it.

With a decent LSAT score, will I be able to get into either of the two law schools?

Thank You!

According to lawschoolpredictor.com you need like a 162 or so.

That said, you shouldn't go to either of these schools. Spend more time on this website to determine why. If you must stay in Texas, get a 170 for a shot at University of Houston or SMU.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:57 pm

those schools are TTT. retake for real employment prospects.

Void

Postby Void » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:59 pm

stillwater wrote:those schools are TTT. retake for real any employment prospects.

fixed that for you. (also, OP can't retake- he hasn't taken yet)

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Just to make sure: you're aware that LSAC counts both the original grade and the retake grade, right?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”