Updates LSAT score comes out after admission/rejection

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kobe1020

Updates LSAT score comes out after admission/rejection

Postby kobe1020 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Just got my Oct score, not pretty but decided to give it a go coz some of my dream schools' early admission cycle is coming to its deadline. But I'm planning on retake it in December aiming for a better score.

Question is, can you request a reconsider with an updated high LSAT score after being initially rejected without paying application fee again? or you have to pay the fee again for them to look at your file again?

and can you bargain for more $$$ with this better score if you are initially admitted?

Thank you guys! Hope whoever gets the score today is happy!

SPerez

Re: Updates LSAT score comes out after admission/rejection

Postby SPerez » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 pm

kobe1020 wrote:Just got my Oct score, not pretty but decided to give it a go coz some of my dream schools' early admission cycle is coming to its deadline. But I'm planning on retake it in December aiming for a better score.

Question is, can you request a reconsider with an updated high LSAT score after being initially rejected without paying application fee again? or you have to pay the fee again for them to look at your file again?

and can you bargain for more $$$ with this better score if you are initially admitted?

Thank you guys! Hope whoever gets the score today is happy!

It's going to depend on the school. You'll have to contact all the schools you're interested in to find out how they handle this not un-common situation.

(I will reconsider based on a new LSAT score without requiring an second app fee. I'd be surprised if any school charged a fee. I'd figure they'll either reconsider or they won't.)

Dean Perez

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”