Question about adding Institutions for Requesting Transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AD1818

Question about adding Institutions for Requesting Transcript

Postby AD1818 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:38 pm

I know that in order to apply for law school you basically have to request a transcript from every school you ever could have even been considered to have gone to.

Although I never specifically attended a particular school, I received credit from it while still in High School. I am therefore unsure what years to list as years I attended the university, since I never actually attended it, and am unsure of how it is listed on their transcript for me.

Any advice for how to handle this? Once you enter you confirm your institutions attended on LSAC, you can't edit it, so I want to make sure I have it right. Is it that big a deal if it's slightly inaccurate?

rinkrat19

Re: Question about adding Institutions for Requesting Transcript

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Probably not a big deal if it's slightly inaccurate (you say September 2010 to June 2011 instead of August to May or whatever), but you could always get a transcript for yourself first, see how your info is listed in their records, and then fill out the LSAC thing and request another transcript be sent. List the months attended as the term(s) that you received credit for.

magickware

Postby magickware » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

AD1818 wrote:Although I never specifically attended a particular school, I received credit from it while still in High School. I am therefore unsure what years to list as years I attended the university, since I never actually attended it, and am unsure of how it is listed on their transcript for me.

I just put the years that I was in high school because I honestly forget what courses I took and what years I took them in at my community college.

Does this matter all that much?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:45 pm

magickware wrote:
AD1818 wrote:Although I never specifically attended a particular school, I received credit from it while still in High School. I am therefore unsure what years to list as years I attended the university, since I never actually attended it, and am unsure of how it is listed on their transcript for me.

I just put the years that I was in high school because I honestly forget what courses I took and what years I took them in at my community college.

Does this matter all that much?

Probably not, since you were overinclusive. You can also always call LSAC after the fact and have them correct something (or ask them if it even needs correcting).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”