Is this a good topic for a GPA addendum and other concerns

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whambamthankyoumaam

Is this a good topic for a GPA addendum and other concerns

Postby whambamthankyoumaam » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Last edited by whambamthankyoumaam on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

bp shinners

Re: Is this a good topic for a GPA addendum and other concerns

Postby bp shinners » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:31 pm

A few things:
1) Why did you go to a doctor in the first place? There must have been something going on that caused you to seek medical attention. That's a huge question mark for me when reading about this situation.
2) You'll need to go to another doctor, tell them about the diagnosis, talk to them about the effect the medication had on you, and then get rediagnosed, or have them alter your prescription, before you can even think about writing this.
3) Proof won't be required - they expect you to tell the truth on this stuff. You might have to provide documentation down the road, but that's a huge "might".
4) Hard to answer what to include (or even if you should write it) until we know a little more about the situation.

Feel free to get in touch with me via PM if you don't want to air out your dirty laundry on TLS.

jordan15

Postby jordan15 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 pm

I would recommend phrasing it more like "I was misdiagnosed and had severe adverse reactions to the medication." The way you're phrasing it seems like you incorrectly took the medication, didn't take your diagnosis seriously, and thus deserve to have the low grades. Feel free to elaborate but a simple, strong statement will mean a lot more than a rambling essay.

FYI I went through something similar so my advice comes from experience on how people have responded to me.

whambamthankyoumaam

Postby whambamthankyoumaam » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:48 am

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”