GPA question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ls1995
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:47 pm

GPA question

Postby ls1995 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:35 pm

I am a freshmen in college with an interest in going to law school. my university considers a 90 % as a 4.0. I have 4.0s in all of my classes. will my actual percentages show up on my transcripts, or how will they know what i actually got in the class?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: GPA question

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:54 pm

ls1995 wrote:I am a freshmen in college with an interest in going to law school. my university considers a 90 % as a 4.0. I have 4.0s in all of my classes. will my actual percentages show up on my transcripts, or how will they know what i actually got in the class?

If the transcript says nothing but A you'll be at a 4.0. Are you in Canada? If so things might be a little different.

ls1995
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: GPA question

Postby ls1995 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:58 pm

no i am in the united states. a 90% is a 4.0. 85-89.9 is a 3.5 at my university. does the LSDAS consider a 93 % a 4.0? I obviously will aim for this, and I am more than capable. I am just curious how my universities grading scale will appear on a transcript.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: GPA question

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:59 pm

ls1995 wrote:no i am in the united states. a 90% is a 4.0. 85-89.9 is a 3.5 at my university. does the LSDAS consider a 93 % a 4.0? I obviously will aim for this, and I am more than capable. I am just curious how my universities grading scale will appear on a transcript.

Then you're golden. All LSAC will see on your transcript is A, which they will count as 4.0. The only issue you'd face is if your transcript shows percentiles instead of grades. As long as it just shows grades you're in great shape.

ls1995
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: GPA question

Postby ls1995 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:02 pm

well If i get a 93% at least, wouldn't it be consider an "A" in LSDAS terms?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: GPA question

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:05 pm

ls1995 wrote:well If i get a 93% at least, wouldn't it be consider an "A" in LSDAS terms?

The only thing they look at is what the transcript says. I have no idea what they do if the transcript only shows percentiles, but 99% of schools show grades, not percentiles. What does yours show?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrSam, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest