Changed jobs after I sent app

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bb2418

Changed jobs after I sent app

Postby bb2418 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:13 am

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I switched jobs after I had already submitted my apps. Do I have to/should I let schools know? If so, do I need to tell them my reasons for switching?

Domke

Re: Changed jobs after I sent app

Postby Domke » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you want them to know your new job. If it is a promotion I would definitely send it in, but if it's a lateral move or demotion I wouldn't. Either way it probably doesn't matter.

bb2418

Postby bb2418 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Natem137 wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you want them to know your new job. If it is a promotion I would definitely send it in, but if it's a lateral move or demotion I wouldn't. Either way it probably doesn't matter.

It's with a new company. The position itself (title, duties, etc.) is the same though

cotiger

Postby cotiger » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm

bb2418 wrote:
Natem137 wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you want them to know your new job. If it is a promotion I would definitely send it in, but if it's a lateral move or demotion I wouldn't. Either way it probably doesn't matter.

It's with a new company. The position itself (title, duties, etc.) is the same though

Then I wouldn't bother.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm

cotiger wrote:
bb2418 wrote:

Then I wouldn't bother.

I agree. I don't think it'll help you in any measurable way.

bb2418

Postby bb2418 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:36 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
cotiger wrote:
bb2418 wrote:

Then I wouldn't bother.

I agree. I don't think it'll help you in any measurable way.

Thanks all for the answers. I was just worried cause the certification on the app says you must update them on any changes to the app

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:43 pm

bb2418 wrote:Thanks all for the answers. I was just worried cause the certification on the app says you must update them on any changes to the app

You technically are required to do so - this includes new grades, any arrests, and job changes. However, almost no one does it, and, for the most part, schools don't care (unless it's an arrest, in which case you really do need to update ASAP).

bb2418

Postby bb2418 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 pm

bp shinners wrote:
bb2418 wrote:Thanks all for the answers. I was just worried cause the certification on the app says you must update them on any changes to the app

You technically are required to do so - this includes new grades, any arrests, and job changes. However, almost no one does it, and, for the most part, schools don't care (unless it's an arrest, in which case you really do need to update ASAP).

Thank you!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”